Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rochester visit, Father's Day and Pittsburgh Pirates






Ok, I know it's been a while. So, I decided to write on a few things at once. First, we went to Rochester to visit with my family. We had a great time hanging out with everyone.
Art and I went down to Park Ave and walked up and down the street. For those of you who don't know, it's a very eclectic area of the city. We had lunch and visited the Parkleigh pharmacy. It's a neat place that has so much stuff in it, it's way more than a pharmacy. We bought some great bread and other tasty items at a local bakery. We had so much fun, I forgot to take any pictures. I kept telling Art that I needed to remember to take pictures, but the camera was getting left in the car, or in the room. So, I thought I'd put some old pics of past visits to Rochester.

I know Katie already put pictures on her blog of Father's day. But I thought I'd add a couple of the ones I took as well. The evening was enjoyed by all. Casey of course always steals the show. And why wouldn't he, he is after all the cutest baby in the world. But I may be biased. (And right)

Art and I went away to Pittsburgh for the weekend to see a couple of Pirate games. Friday nights game went to 11 innings with no score by either team. Finally in the 12 inning the Pirates scored a run. It was also fireworks night, so we stayed to enjoy them. Getting out of the city and back to the hotel was an adventure. It took us so long to get out of the city because of the amount of traffic and the construction. The road we wanted to take was closed and we had to follow a detour. Which wouldn't have been that bad if there wasn't wall to wall cars, and to top it off it was dark out and we weren't sure exactly how to go. The Saturday night game went better. To start out we found a parking lot that placed us right in front of the hi-way we needed to get on when we left the game. We scored two runs at the beginning of the game, and won the game as well. In fact we won both games we attended, that was certainly a plus. We got up on Sunday morning at 5:30 so we could make it back in time for Sarah's shower. The shower was very nice, Katie really did a lot of work to make it all happen without a hitch. It was a long day, and very busy, but enjoyable. I think that pretty much catches us up, until next time.....

4 comments:

kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer getaways. Thank you so much for coming home in time for my shower!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the neat pics, the old ones too! Casey gets cuter all the time!
I sure enjoyed having you guys in Rochester too!

Katie said...

It was nice to see the older pictures! It's cute to see Janina, Katrina and Matt as little kids.